Saturday, August 14, 2010

Trip to Belgium

Yep, I did it; I started a blog. Considering my brother had one while he was in Japan, I figured I would start one too. Plus, if I get lost, abducted, raped, or tortured over public television--there should be at least 10 people that know what country I was in last to start the Amber Alert.

Which reminds me, is there such things as Amber Alerts in other countries? And if so, do I qualify considering I am 22 years old? Where do the authorities draw the line between kidnapping and abduction? Is it; you can be kidnapped up to the age of 19 but at 20 you can only be abducted? I digress...

Nevertheless, I fly from Indianapolis to Philadelphia and then off to Brussels in 5 hours. Currently, I still reside at home sitting in my boxers packing last minute things. (I will be all about visuals throughout this blog so hopefully you liked the Reading Rainbow)

Upon my arrival in Brussels, I shall spend 2 weeks of training for my job before they send me off to an unknown country to shadow a consultant for another 2 weeks or so. So essentially, the next 4 weeks I will be nodding my head a lot and taking in the culture before they throw me to the wolves.

So, unless my plane crashes or is hijacked, I shall speak to you from the other side of the pond. Cheers.


Wyatt

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about being nabbed(a term useful for whatever age victim may be) as you need to be worth something for them to want to take you.

    Sign up for all the airlines/hotels/car rental whatever places you can, points points points!

    We'll meet up in some random country once you find a good watering hole to take me to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. W

    Do you realize that your URL is abroadwyatt. A-broad-Wyatt is what you are going to be on a diet of good European food.

    Haven't heard Reading Rainbow mentioned in ages. Man, I loved that show...yeah PBS.

    As for your country of choice...New Zealand would be a good 2 week trip. I am headed to Australia for 2 weeks starting Saturday, so we could meet up there.

    Good Luck and Godspeed!

    S

    P.S. Will, if you are really looking for some good foreign watering holes, there are lots of them here in Christchurch. Give me a few hours notice if you decide to fly down.

    ReplyDelete